At Heritage Floor Care, we understand the importance of sustainability and how our actions directly impact our environment and future generations.
Our commitment to eco-friendly practices in the floor cleaning industry is a cornerstone of our business ethos.
Here are some key aspects of our sustainability initiatives:
- Eco-Friendly Cleaning Products: We prioritise the use of environmentally responsible cleaning products that are free from harmful chemicals. Our product choices are not only safe for the planet but also for your family and pets and our technicians to use.
- Energy-Efficient Equipment: We employ state-of-the-art, energy-efficient equipment to minimise our carbon footprint. Our machines are designed to consume less energy while delivering exceptional cleaning results. We currently run Euro 6 vans.
- Water Conservation: Water is a precious resource, and we’re dedicated to using it responsibly. Our floor cleaning processes are optimised to reduce water wastage, and we employ methods that allow for efficient water recovery and recycling.
- Reducing Waste: We are committed to minimising the production of waste and disposable materials.
- Recycling Programs: At Heritage Floor Care, we don’t require large volumes of materials or packaging, but rather use concentrates whenever we can. Materials like paper, cardboard, and plastic are recycled wherever possible.
- Educational Outreach: We believe in sharing knowledge about sustainable floor care practices with our customers and the community. We are happy to provide guidance on eco-friendly cleaning solutions and practices that promote sustainability.
- Sustainable Partnerships: We prioritise suppliers who share our sustainability values. This includes sourcing products as locally as possible, and selecting materials from companies that prioritise eco-conscious production and distribution.
- Green Certifications: Operating an authentic and effective Environmental Management System as a key element of our code of practice and business ethic. As there is a lot of controversy and confusing misinformation regarding sustainability referred to as (greenwash) we chose to contract an accredited third party specialist in environmental management, to help us develop an authentic and effective EMS that not only ensures we are updated with any policy change, but helps us operate as efficiently and ethically as we can.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Indoor Air Quality is one of the most important factors of maintaining a healthy comfortable property for you, your family and pets or members of the public in commercial spaces.
Poor Indoor Air Quality is caused by Air pollution, which is anything that makes the air more toxic and damaging to our health. Air pollution can affect all parts of our bodies, including the health of our lungs, heart, and brain.
There are two main types of Indoor Air Pollution.
Particulate matter (PM)
Particulate matter (PM) is made up of tiny pieces of solids or liquids in the air, such as dust, dirt, and smoke in the air.
The volume and variety of particulates varies significantly depending on your location and proximity to roads, industrial process, building and agriculture etc.
Physically removing as much of these particles through Intensive Detailed Vacuuming is key to managing the quality of the air you breathe in your property.
This is why we pay particular focus to this second step in our cleaning protocols and select vacuum equipment with exceptional filtration abilities for any process that creates dust.
Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
VOCs are a part of a large group of chemicals you can find in everyday household products. Once VOCs are in your home, it can be challenging to notice harmful exposure, making it hard to seek action in removing them.
Initially selection of the materials you choose to install in your home is key, selecting sustainable, non toxic floor coverings, coatings, sealers and adhesives is crucial, and the same applies to upholstered furniture.
It pays to research what materials your items are made of before installing them in your home.
We take great care to select environmentally friendly non toxic cleaning products and sealers and the processes for each of our services have been developed to minimize exposure to VOCs for us and you during and after service.